Saturday, May 9, 2009

Poem 21


 

I worry much of the time

about

Palm oil

Taking over the world:

Worse than the blob eating New Jersey;

Worse than global warming heating the polar caps;

  • I've never met anyone wearing a polar cap
  • But still I believe they exist;

Worse than being buried alive in

Chocolate chip cookies;

    I have seen chocolate and cookies and chips

    Even potato chips and buffalo chips;

Worse than a world without orangutans, delta smelt

Uncolored margarine, three legged stools,

Members of the Bush family;

Better than falling into a volcano.

I promise with all promise power

Said today and good for an hour -

I'll not drink palm oil

Ever again if that makes you happy.

Drinking it generally makes me feel crappy

Anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment